Sunday January 31st
Bishop Allan visited the Parish of Southern Forests, where he secularised (deconsecrated) the building of St Mark’s, Upper Warren.
St Mark’s church building was built in 1883 by the four families who were the earliest settlers in the area. The building was used as school, social centre and church venue. It was used as a school until the early 1900’s, was dedicated as a church in 1929 and consecrated in August 1955 by Bishop Redding.